Here we go.

26 October 2011

Durango

We spent an afternoon in Durango, CO with my Aunt Marcie and her brood.  Durango is cute.  Slightly patchouli-scented, liberal, and very friendly.  We consumed good food and great beer from local breweries, specifically Steamworks Brewing Co.'s Lizard Head Red and Ska Brewing Co.'s Pinstripe Red Ale.  Durango's high ratio of local breweries is enviable.  I loaded up on a few cases of beer from Ska Brewing Co. to share with my lady friends @ my upcoming birthday party. 


Photobucket


Photobucket

Here's Max embellished with a bindi:
Photobucket

And here's his brother Sieger, also wearing a bindi:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Thelonious, the head-butting sweetheart:
Photobucket

The other kitties, Seymour and Laila, were too shy for photographs.  

It is my preference to have animals in proximity when we travel and visit family or are away from home.  It's very comforting.  I have some relations that do not have pets and I will never understand it.  I think they are weird.

Aunt Marcie & ATM:
Photobucket

When I was in junior high, I thought that I'd either go to Cornell University (I really thought so!) or Fort Lewis College in Durango, none of which panned out.  I LOVED Durango as a teenager.  I still have an affection for that little hippie town.  I'm already aching to return to the southwest corner of Colorado!  I'm hoping to actually live there for a while one day.

No comments:

Blog Archive